We’re a little less than a week away from Valentine’s Day and I personally think one of the best ways to celebrate is with a boozy homemade brunch… and snuggles. 😊 Luckily, Powell & Mahoney made the boozy part easy with their amazing Peach Bellini Mix! Woo! I’ve tried their Margarita mix before, so I knew I’d like this one, too – but holy moly, it’s SO delicious. And since you can’t have brunch without eggs, I decided to make a colorful potato hash with bacon and fried eggs… shhhhh no one needs to know that it’s also Whole30 compliant… except that totally helps with the guilt of drinking during the day, right?! Yummm.
I know Valentine’s Day is on a Tuesday, so this might be hard to pull off before work… but how lovely would this be on Saturday or Sunday morning? Stay in PJs for most of the day, put on some Netflix, and enjoy some good food/drinks! Best day EVER.
To be honest, the mix of potatoes isn’t 100% necessary, but I loooove that it’s a colorful potato hash! Isn’t it so much prettier than a regular version?! I also love that you get a combination of starchy and sweet… and once you add the salty bacon, it’s game over. So freaking good!!
Look at that double pour action!!! Looks like my boyfriend is good at helping out with blog posts… uh oh….
One last thing – if you think Peach Bellini’s are too girly, try em anyway!! Seriously, the flavor is so fresh and it pairs so nicely with this recipe. That being said, if you know for a fact that your man won’t drink a Bellini, I’d go for one of their Bloody Mary mixes. You really can’t go wrong!
- (Peach Bellini)
- Powell & Mahoney Peach Bellini Mix
- (Colorful Potato Hash)
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 purple potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2-4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop your onion and potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Add onion, garlic and potatoes to a large bowl. Toss with oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potato mixture on a pan lined with foil.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Cook until the bacon is super crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Pour the bacon grease out of the pan. No need to wash at this stage.
- After 20-25 minutes, transfer your potatoes to the slightly greased pan on the stove. *This step isn't entirely necessary, I wanted to get a little bit more crisp on the potatoes without making them too mushy.
- Fry up 2-4 eggs, depending on how many you want with the hash.
- Stir the bacon in with the potatoes and remove from the heat.
- Serve hash first and add a fried egg right on top. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Combine equal 1 part bellini mix to 2 parts champagne in a flute or wine glass. Stir and serve chilled!
*This post was sponsored by Powell & Mahoney. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lake Shore Lady possible!!