I’ve been noticing a trend lately. BOWLS are IN. Right? Based on which recipes you guys pin the most, it seems like you agree with me on this one. Most nights, I want to grab my favorite bowl and load it up with a balanced meal that I can mix up and eat all together. AND I want to make it as quickly as possible.
Luckily Wild Garden makes this kind of dinner super easy with their packaged pilafs and marinades. Heat a pilaf on the stove while your protein marinates, then just cook it up and put it all together! Easy peasy!
I wanted to make this Mediterranean Shrimp Bowl really fun and flavorful, so I kind of ran with the theme 😉 The base is their bulgar pilaf with some fresh cilantro, topped with chopped cucumbers, shredded carrots, marinated artichokes, olives and sliced avocado. As if that wasn’t enough goodness, there’s also a dollop of Wild Garden Hummus and Persian Marinated Shrimp on top! SO. GOOD.
To be honest, they suggest the Persian marinade for poultry or vegetables, but I decided to go rogue and test it on shrimp! I used it on chicken wings when I first discovered Wild Garden, and they were so freaking good that I had to try it on shrimp. Verdict? It’s awesome.
Of course you can play with the toppings – but I really enjoyed this combo of flavors. Creamy avocado, salty olives, crunchy cucumbers/carrots? It all complimented each other so well! But the best part? It comes together in less than 20 minutes. Hallelujah!
gimme that Mediterranean shrimp bowl!
- 2 packets Wild Garden Bulgar Pilaf
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2-1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 packet Wild Garden Persian Marinade
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Shredded Carrots
- Kalamata Olives
- Wild Garden Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Pour the marinade over your shrimp. Let sit while you prep the rest of the meal.
- Heat 2 packets of Wild Garden Bulgar Pilaf on the stove. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro. Once it's warmed through, remove from the heat.
- Chop cucumber and slice avocado.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until firm and opaque. Make sure you watch it! This usually doesn't take more than 2 minutes each side.
- Assemble your bowl! First bulgar, then cucumber, carrots, olives, artichokes and avocado. Finally add the shrimp and a dollop of hummus.
Want to save this recipe for later?! Pin the image below!
*This post was sponsored by Wild Garden, but (as alway) all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lake Shore Lady possible!