Happy Monday, everyone! I don’t know about you, but I took the chilly weather this weekend as a sign to lay low… and I’m so glad I did! I was sad to miss my cousin’s wedding in the Catskills, but I seriously almost had a panic attack on Friday when I looked at my work/blog/travel schedule for the next month. Thankfully a lot of rest this weekend meant that I was SUPER productive and ready to tackle it all. Including making another batch of this Rustic Quinoa Tabouli!
I created this recipe for my friends over at CorePower Yoga – and you can read the post/get the recipe on their blog, too! We really wanted to make something easy to meal prep, especially since so many kids/teachers are heading back to school. This one totally fits the bill.
I know I’ve said this before, but I’m not a huge meal prep-er. I wish I was, I swear! That being said, I love this recipe because there’s so little cooking involved. Besides the quinoa, it’s all about chopping… so throw your favorite spotify playlist on and before you know it, it’s done!
I like to add a little feta, 1/2 an avocado or even a spoonful of hummus to my portions. You could also add chicken or another protein if you’d like!
Do you guys meal prep?
Would you try this one? What kinds of meal prep recipes do you like best?
- 2 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 package of small heirloom tomatoes
- ½ large red onion
- 1 cucumber
- ½-1 cup parsley
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ large red pepper
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- (optional additions)
- 1/2 avocado
- spoonful of hummus
- feta cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Chop heirloom tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, Kalamata olives, and red pepper.
- Finely chop parsley.
- Toss quinoa, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, pepper and parsley together in a bowl.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Split into 4 Tupperware containers. Add additional toppings if desired!