Oh, you thought I was done spiralizing veggies?! No way, friends! It’s back on LSL with a brand new veggie: BEETS! I know I know, beets are quite as popular as zucchini noodles, but they are so sweet and flavorful, which makes them a great addition to your salads. And instead of getting anxious figuring out how to cook them, I have a secret method that makes it easy. Peel, spiralize, roast and mix in with your other ingredients! In no time, you’ve got a beautiful spiralized beet salad for lunch or dinner. Win!
To make the “spiralize” step even less intimidating, I used my BELLA Electric Spiralizer. This is definitely my favorite kitchen gadget right now (Holiday gift ALERT!). Instead of cranking a handle in hopes of cutting through a beet or parsnip, all you have to do is lock it in place and flip the “on” switch. That’s it! It does all of the work for you within a matter of seconds. Life changing!
For some reason I add beets to my salads at restaurants all the time, but I rarely make them at home. Occasionally I’l make a big batch of my beet hummus, but that’s about it. Honestly, I usually don’t want to take the time to roast them whole, which is why this method is so much easier. All you have to do is cut the ends off to create 2 flat sides. Peel the skin off and secure in your spiralizer. I used a thicker blade, but you could make these spirals super thin if you want. Once it’s in place with the correct blade, lock it in place and flip the “on” switch. The BELLA Spiralizer will stop on it’s own once it’s done. So easy.
Once they’ve roasted in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes, you can take them out and add them to your salad. I like them a little crunchy, so this was plenty of time for me – but feel free to leave them in longer if you want them to soften more or crisp up around the edges.
I topped this salad with a homemade dressing, feta cheese, dry roasted pumpkin seeds and avocado. To be honest, I already want to try this again with goat cheese instead of feta!
How pretty is that?!
Would you try this spiralized beet salad?
- 2 beets
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Sir Kensington's Mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- handful of spinach
- 1 avocado
- feta cheese (or goat cheese) to taste
- roasted pumpkin seeds to taste
- Cut the end of each beet so there is a flat surface on either side. Peel the skin off each one.
- Place one beet at a time in your spiralizer.
- Transfer spiralized beets to a lined baking sheet. Roast at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- While the beets are cooking, whisk the juice of 1 lemon, mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper together.
- In a bowl, combine arugula and spinach.
- Add the roasted spiralized beets.
- Top with the dressing and toss to coat.
- Add avocado, feta cheese and pumpkin seeds on top.
PS. You might also like Spiralized Parnsips with Broccolini and Sausage and Zoodles and Shrimp Scampi!
*This post was sponsored by BELLA Housewares, but (as always) all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lake Shore Lady possible.