I love all of my cooking videos, but I’ve definitely been the MOST excited about this one! I’m really proud of the recipe itself – plus the Learn To Cook team made it look so cute, right?!
I started making granola over the summer when Ali got me fresh honey from one of her co-workers. As soon as I made the first batch, I couldn’t help but think about different flavor combinations… and what could be better for fall than pumpkin spice granola?!
You’re going to love it, I promise!
You can definitely serve this with milk, but I personally like to eat it as is or on top of my smoothie bowls for an extra crunch!
Have you ever made your own granola?
Pumpkin Spice Granola [Video]
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour (or oat flour for gluten free!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, add pumpkin brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and coconut oil (or vegetable oil).
- Heat over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat, add vanilla extract and set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, flour, pecans and flax seeds and toss together.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and stir until every bit of the dry ingredients have been coated.
- Spread the granola onto a sheet pan and spread it into a thin layer. You don't want to pile it on too much because then you won't get crunchy granola. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
- When the granola is done, remove from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes, because that will also help the crunch factor.
- Sprinkle over yogurt, eat it as a snack, or make a good ole bowl of cereal! Whatever you decide, enjoy!