Happy Monday, friends!! I hope you all had a great weekend! I know it wasn’t actually warm out, but the sunshine still put me in the best mood. If you watched my instagram stories, you probably saw that Adam was dog sitting for his parents pup all weekend. While I’m sure it’s probably not shocking that I enjoyed having a puppy around, I especially loved that she got us out of bed each morning for long 2 mile walks around his neighborhood. We walked up to the south end of Lincoln Sqaure, over to the gorgeous homes in Ravenswood and back down to North Center. It was so so nice to get moving and get fresh air right away, especially after a night of tequila on Saturday 😉 Pretty sure it’s going to become our favorite weekend activity this Spring and Summer!
But on to this stir fry recipe! I was really trying to get it up last week, but I had some unexpected site issues. They’re all resolved now, and I’m so excited to finally share this with you. I’m not kidding, I seriously make this stir fry once a week. Not only is it really easy, but it’s a great way to pack a lot of veggies into one meal. And Adam loves it, too! Win!
One of the reasons why I love to make this is because I can add whatever veggies or protein I’m craving that day. Switch out the snap peas and add water chestnuts! Want to make it vegetarian? Crisp up some tofu! Or if you want to feel fancy, Adam and I looove to bake salmon filets and put one on top of each bowl. It reminds me of this recipe a little bit – but with way more veggies!
Oh, and if you have zero interest in making your own sauce – I’ve been there! Just pick up a teriyaki sauce from the grocery store and use that instead. Easy peasy!
Serve it as is or over brown rice!
Would you guys make this stir fry recipe?
Or do you already have a go-to recipe? I’d love to know how you make yours!!
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut in strips
- 1 crown broccoli
- 2 peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- *could also sub in salmon or tofu, depending on dietary preferences!
- Brown Rice (optional)
- Start by cleaning and chopping all of your vegetables. Set them aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to a saute pan and cook the chicken over medium/high heat. Once cooked through, remove from the heat and cut into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add the other 1/2 tbsp oil to a larger saute pan and add your chopped onion, broccoli and peppers. To help them cook faster, add a tsp of water and cover for about 3-5 minutes.
- As the veggies cook, combine hoisin, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, chopped ginger and chopped garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Once the vegetables are fork tender, add snap peas, shredded carrots and bite sized chicken pieces. Lower the heat and pour half of the sauce over the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Once the chicken, snap peas and carrots are heated, add more of the sauce until it's to your liking.
- Serve as is, or over brown rice or quinoa!
want to save this stir fry recipe for later? here’s an image for you to pin: