Good morning, pals! I know I’ve told you a bunch about how I usually love cooking way more than baking… but I was inspired by my new Terra Origin Cinnamon Protein Powder! As soon as I opened it up and smelled all the cinnamon goodness, I knew it needed to be turned into cookies. No question – healthy snickerdoodle protein cookies, here I come!
To be honest, I want to continue recipe testing with this protein powder, because I think there are a lot more variations I can make with it. But for now, I wanted to share this version because the ingredients I used are SO clean! Almond flour, coconut oil, an egg, protein powder and a little pure maple syrup… nothing bad about those things! You could honestly eat these for breakfast – and I consider that a huge win.
When you add everything together, the dough that forms is really thick which makes it easy to form before baking. I personally think you could make these cookies even smaller – especially because the crunchy edges are the best part.
I also love that these cookies only need 8-9 minutes in the oven. So quick!
If you prefer your cookies to be sweeter, I recommend making a cinnamon glaze to drizzle over the top of the cookies. If that’s still not enough, just make the glaze a little thicker. Then, dip the top of each cookie right in there so it covers more surface area!
PS. If you want to purchase this Terra Origin Cinnamon Protein Powder, use code LAKESHORELADY25 for 25% off! They’re also have a Buy One, Get One BOGO Sale until December 31st, so it’s a great time to stock up!
- 2 tbsp solid coconut oil
- 2.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Terra Origin Cinnamon Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup to a mixing bowl.
- Microwave the mixture until the coconut oil is soft (but not fully melted).
- Whisk the oil and maple syrup together, and then add an egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together almond flour, Terra Origin Cinnamon Protein Powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture with a spoon, until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop a tablespoon (or less) of dough out for each cookie, and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool before eating.
- If you are adding the glaze, whisk powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon together. Either drizzle the glaze on each cookie, or dip each one right into the glaze.
Want to remember these Snickerdoodle Protein Cookies? Pin the image below:
*This post was sponsored by Terra Origin, but (as always) all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lake Shore Lady possible.