I’m currently working on a post all about why it’s important to treat yourself, so in anticipation of that coming next week… I give you – Banana and NUTELLA Stuffed Pancakes. Whaaaaa?!
This is definitely a recipe I wouldn’t normally make at home, but filming with the Learn to Cook/Escoffier Online team totally got my out of my comfort zone!! This recipe is the perfect weekend brunch when you want to show off, try something new, or just be indulgent. Want to see how they’re made in action?!
All you need is a few ingredients and a little bit of patience!
I mean… don’t you want to eat these Nutella Stuffed Pancakes?!
Happy Friday, everyone!
Banana and Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 banana, sliced thinly into discs
- 1 cup Nutella
- pinch of salt
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, smear 1 tablespoon of Nutella in a circle with the back of a spoon so it's about 2 inches wide. Repeat until you've made 6 rounds.
- Place the parchment paper in the freezer for about one hour, or until the Nutella is completely frozen and you can easily peel it away from the parchment paper. Keep them in the freezer until you're ready to use them though!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add in the wet, reserving two tablespoons of the melted butter. Whisk them together until it's smooth and combined.
- Grease your griddle or pan with some of your reserved melted butter. Add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan once it's hot.
- Place a few sliced of banana on the pancake, and when the batter stars to set, grab a Nutella disc from the freezer. Place the disc on the pancake and then top it with a little more batter so the Nutella is covered.
- It should only take another 30 seconds before bubbles start to form around the edges and you're ready to flip. Cook the other side for about 30-40 seconds, or until both sides of the pancakes are golden brown.
- Remove the cooked pancakes and repeat until all of the Nutella discs have been used.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, bananas, strawberries, or even more Nutella!
- *Tip: Heat the Nutella and a dash of milk in the microwave for a few seconds so you can drizzle it over the top.