Back when I was a baby blogger, these Candied Pecans were one of the first recipes that I attempted… except I had a crappy camera and absolutely no idea what I was doing haha And yet, even though the post was old and awful, people kept finding it, and my Mom and sister kept sending the link when people asked for the recipe. AHH!! NO!! (embarrassed emoji) So today is a big day – the day when I can pass this recipe around with pride. PHEW, that was a close one!
In all honestly though, it was a priority for me to get this post up before Christmas because they smell and taste like the holidays to me. Plus, they’re easy to make and they make great gifts!
At this point, your kitchen will smell like candied pecans aka AMAZING.
Save them for yourself, or put them in a cute bag as a cute gift for whoever is hosting Christmas next week!
Oh yea, sneak a taste ?
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate the egg whites and add to a mixing bowl with the salt. Whisk until the egg whites become foamy.
- Gradually mix in the sugar and cinnamon. Everything should be incorporated and the mixture should be a little runny.
- Add the pecans. Stir until they are all coated.
- Melt the butter and pour onto a cookie sheet.
- Spread the pecans onto the butter in a single layer.
- Flip the pecans every 8 minutes or so until all of the butter on the pan is absorbed, about 32 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.