Chili is a staple of sports season… and this one makes it EASY. I, for one, hate it when we have a ton of people over and I’m stressed about what’s on the stove or in the sink. This recipe has a little bit of prep, otherwise you can set it and forget it!
The game changer? My Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker. Not only is it easier to cook this way, but because it’s in there for 4 hours, your whole kitchen will smell amazing. Seriously, I’m not sure I’ll ever cook chili in a regular pot ever again! Watch how it’s done below:
If you’re making this for game day, you can also set up a fun chili bar for the occasion! Just set out the chili, shredded cheese, sour cream, crumbled tortilla chips, jalapeños, diced onions or whatever else you like. Your guests will be happy all afternoon, I promise!
Have you ever made Slow Cooker Turkey Chili before?
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp chili powder (depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onion. Cook in olive oil over medium heat.
- When they start to soften, add the ground turkey. Continue cooking until the turkey is cooked through.
- Chop the red pepper and mince the garlic.
- Add cooked turkey/onions, chopped red pepper, minced garlic, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, red wine, broth, spices, and salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese and any other toppings you like!