This is for you. You’re welcome 🙂
Lauren and Learn to Cook
Worth every calorie ?
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 lb bittersweet or dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 9 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- powered sugar and raspberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a bain-marie, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- While that is going, whisk egg yolks and sugar together.
- Mix a little bit of chocolate mixture into the egg mixture to temper the eggs. Keep adding the rest of the chocolate until it's all incorporated. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- With a stand mixer, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then lightly fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch springform pan, and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the top starts to crack.
- While the cake is baking, make fresh whipped cream using 2 cups of heavy cream. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch (or two!) of powdered sugar.
- When the cake is done, let it sit for 15 minutes before removing the sides. Garnish with powdered sugar, raspberries and whipped cream!