Football Recipe Roundup
1) Mac & Cheese Balls – Make Mac & Cheese earlier in the week, and then whip up these balls with the leftovers! Everyone will be SO impressed.
2) Turkey & Sausage Chili – Since I don’t eat beef, I’ve developed (with the help of my Mama) this turkey and chicken sausage version that is super hearty and BIG on flavor. Simmer that sucker all day if you can.
3) Persian Chicken Wings – I know you might think “Why would I make persion wings when I could make buffalo wings?” I hear you, BUT this version is so ridiculously easy. Pour the pre-made marinade over the chicken wings and pop them in the oven. That’s IT.
4) Tomatillo Enchiladas – If you have a smaller crew and you’re feeding them dinner, these enchiladas are a TREAT.
5) Salsa Chicken Tacos – Here’s how this goes down: you’ve got the salsa chicken on the stove, tortillas, avocado and other toppings on the counter, and everyone can just put a taco together whenever they’re hungry. Easy peasy.
6) Summer Corn Dip – This recipe is a twist on elotes and I am 100% certain that it is best served with chips. Line it up with the guac and you’re good to go!
While I love every single one of these posts, I’ve realized that I’m lacking a little bit when it comes to recipes that everyone loves while they lazily watch sports (haha isn’t that the best way to describe this category?!) BUT now that Football Season is upon us, I’m definitely going to try to post more of these comfort food recipes throughout fall… shhhh, a new crockpot chili may or may not be in the works 😉
What do you guys like to eat on lazy Sundays?! Let me know and I’ll add them to my list!
September 16, 2016 @ 4:15 pm
Oooh good idea! I'll add that to my list!
September 16, 2016 @ 2:33 pm
Slow cooker pulled pork sliders!!!!