It feels like October just started, yet here I am ordering a Gryffindor scarf for Halloween already! Whaaaaat?! To be honest, I usually pull a super simple costume together at the last minute and call it a day… but who can say no to a Harry Potter themed evening?! (Not me!) To be honest, the real reason why I’ve started to come around to Halloween recently, is because I have more kiddos and Mamas in my life. Cute cards, decorations and treats (like this Halloween Bark!) are so much more fun with them in mind!
I actually made this Halloween Bark back in 2015, and it always baffles me how simple it is! I also love that you can customize it with your favorite candy. Hate candy corn? Don’t use it! Want to make it a little healthier? Throw some almonds in there! It’s all about what you want.
Along with this Halloween Bark, I’ve also started to become a sucker for festive cards! Papyrus does it best, not only because they’re cute – but a lot of them are interactive, too! A card that’s also a decoration or hat for your little mini witch?! Come on. A-dor-a-ble.
Are you a fan of Halloween?
Do you dress up every year or do you prefer to sit it out? Horror movie buff or scaredy cat?
- 3 (3.5oz) bars of white chocolate
- pretzel sticks, broken
- broken oreos
- candy corn
- Reese's Pieces
- Place a glass bowl over a pot with simmering water and melt the white chocolate until smooth.
- When the white chocolate has fully melted, remove from the heat.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour the melted white chocolate in the middle and smooth out into an even layer.
- Before the chocolate hardens, start adding your toppings! I used pretzel sticks, oreos, candy corn and Reese's Pieces over the top.
- Place in the fridge and let it set completely - at least 20 minutes. Break or cut into pieces and enjoy!
PS. This post is sponsored by Papyrus, but (as always) all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lake Shore Lady possible!