Heirloom Tomato Tart [Cooking Video]
Jump to recipe
Happy Wednesday, everyone! I don’t know about you, but I’m actually thrilled that summer didn’t leave with Labor Day – especially because I don’t want to say goodbye to heirloom tomatoes!! Not only do they taste delicious, but they instantly make every dish pretty… and this one is PRETTY 🙂
Scroll down for the recipe!
Oh summer tomatoes, how I love you! ? Also, if you don’t want to (or don’t have time to) make your own dough, that’s okay! You can use this recipe to give it a shot or just buy a pre-made dough/crust!
Don’t you just love pretty food?!
Heirloom Tomato Tart
Category Appetizers Cooking Videos Dinner Lunch Recipes
- Homemade or store-bought crust
- 2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup asiago
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- basil, for garnish
- Roll out dough about 10-11 inches in diameter. Lightly oil every nook and cranny of the tart pan with olive oil. Place dough over tart pan. Trim off excess, and lightly press the dough into the sides and bottom of the pan, making the sides thicker.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, parmesan, asiago, basil, salt and pepper until combined. cover in plaster wrap and let chill in the refrigerator.
- Remove prepared tart pan from the fridge and line with tin foil. Pour pie weights or dried beans in over the foil and place on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the tinfoil and pie weights, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Once pie crust is cooled, add the filling.
- Place tomatoes on time, as rustic as you'd like. Top with basil leaves and a sprinkle of course sea salt.
September 7, 2016 @ 3:22 pm
This looks so delicious!!! My husband absolutely loves tomatoes, so I am sure he will find this dish exceptionally tasty!
XO Helen | http://www.KaleidoscopeSpinning.com
September 7, 2016 @ 5:39 pm
Umm, this looks TO DIE for! Should not have read this during lunch 😉
September 7, 2016 @ 7:26 pm
making it tomorrow night! xox