Honey Bourbon Rice Krispies Treats
Jump to recipe
A few weeks ago, my friend Lindzi told me about this adorable new company that she’s working with called XO.Marshmallow. Even if you don’t have a huge sweet tooth, there’s something so nostalgic about marshmallows; and they’re even more fun with flavors like salted caramel, peppermint, chambord and my choice – honey bourbon!
Instead of just plopping these babies on top of hot chocolate, I thought I’d bring back an old classic: Rice Krispies Treats! Here’s how you make ’em with a gourmet marshmallow/boozy twist ?
Hint: I greased the pan with coconut oil and it worked great. I also dipped my knife in coconut oil before cutting them into squares and it cut through the stickiness perfectly. You’re welcome!
- 2 tbsp butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 package Honey Bourbon XO Marshmallows
- 1 tsp bourbon
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they've melted into the butter.
- Add the bourbon, stir it in and remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir with a spatula until it's all coated.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Let it cool and then cut into squares.
March 28, 2016 @ 4:49 pm
Yumm!! These look sooo good Lauren!! I'm such a sucked for a sweet treat and I think these are calling my name!! 🙂 Hope you had a great weekend!
March 28, 2016 @ 7:59 pm
Lauren, I swear your blog is my FAVORITE place to go to for new recipes. LOVE!! Making this so soon!
Also gorgeous photos, Girl!
Kelly | Kelly in the City
March 29, 2016 @ 3:34 am
Absolutely love these, Lauren! They turned out so great! You're such a wonderful and supportive friend 🙂 Plus…thanks for the coconut oil tip! That's genius!
March 29, 2016 @ 2:19 pm
OMG this is so genius!
My Style Vita