Mama’s Easy Lemon Chicken
You might remember that I spent a quick day in the Bay Area with Jewel-Osco last month to learn about their Open Nature products. Since then, I’ve been looking for their products at my local Jewel more – and one of my favorite things to buy is the thin sliced chicken breasts. Because they’re so thin, they are extremely easy to cook. Seriously, even people afraid of cooking meat can handle this! Plus, I love it’s affordable, but still cage free, without hormones or antibiotics.
So, when Jewel asked if I’d create a recipe for them, I knew I wanted to feature this exact chicken… but what to make?! Adam and I brainstormed a bunch, but everything seemed done before. Chicken taco bowl? Done. Chicken cutlets? Nah, I put those on my Kale Caesar Salad! And then it hit me: LEMON CHICKEN. One of my favorite dinners that I’ve (weirdly) never featured here. Clearly, I needed to fix that…
I was actually thinking about making a Whole30 version of this recipe, since you guys tend to love my Whole30 content. But when I polled you guys on Instagram, my Mom’s version was the CLEAR winner. That being said, I’m pretty sure I could nail a paleo version… let me know if you’d also like that recipe in the comments below!
I like to serve this with asparagus, but I highly recommend adding some sort of starch to soak up the sauce, too! Doesn’t really matter if that’s some leftover brown rice or a piece of baguette – anything will do! My mom actually used to serve spaetzle a lot with this chicken. Moral of the story: just try to think of something to use to soak up the extra sauce. It’s just that delicious ?
Have you ever made Lemon Chicken?
Mama’s Lemon Chicken
- 1 lb Open Nature Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley (you can also use dried)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 large lemons
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup vermouth (or dry white wine)
- 1/2 cup water
- Add flour, salt, pepper, and chopped parsley to a plate. Stir to combine.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture on both sides. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter over medium high heat.
- Add the juice of 1 large lemon.
- Add 2 chicken bouillon cubes to create a sauce.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add 1/2 cup vermouth, 1/2 cup of water, and 4 lemon slices to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with roasted asparagus and starch of your choice.
Want to remember how to make this Easy Lemon Chicken later? Pin the image below!
*This post was sponsored by Jewel-Osco, but (as always) all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that make Lake Shore Lady possible!
PS. You might also like my Healthy Chicken Taco Bowl and Kale Caesar Salad with Chicken Cutlets.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABSCos. The opinions and text are all mine.