The easiest pesto dip with cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts!
Back when I asked you guys what kind of holiday recipes you’re looking for, I was so surprised to at the amount of you requesting appetizers! I tend to think of parties when I think of appetizers, and we can’t have parties this year ?
But then I remembered how fun it is to make something delicious to munch on throughout the day, even if it’s just for a few people to enjoy. The key is to make sure it doesn’t make an insanely huge portion… and it helps if it’s easy, too. Luckily, this pesto dip with cream cheese checks both of those boxes. All you need is 4 ingredients, unless you’re making the pesto from scratch. And if you can’t finish the whole thing, just cover it and pop it in the fridge and heat it up the next day for round 2!
How To Make Pesto Dip with Cream Cheese
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup pesto (store bought or homemade)
2.5 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp pine nuts
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Spread it evenly onto the bottom of a pie dish.
3) Spread pesto over the top of the cream cheese in an even layer.
4) Chop sun-dried tomatoes into small bite sized pieces and spread on top of the pesto.
5) Sprinkle pine nuts on top of that.
6) Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
7) Serve with pita chips and enjoy!
How To Serve This Pesto Dip with Cream Cheese
I personally like this dip served warm with pita chips, but you have a ton of other options, too! Obviously, you can use any cracker you like – they don’t need to be pita chips. This is delicious with rice crackers, tortilla chips, root vegetable chips, and pretzel thins (to name a few). If you want this to be a little heartier, you could toast small pieces of baguette or sourdough and serve the dip with a knife so guests can spread it over their bread. And if you are looking for a low carb option, I would try slices of red peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes!
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 2.5 tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Spread it evenly onto the bottom of a pie dish.
3. Spread pesto over the top of the cream cheese in an even layer.
4. Chop sundried tomatoes into small bite sized pieces and spread on top of the pesto.
5. Sprinkle pine nuts on top of that.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
7. Serve with pita chips and enjoy!