Our Favorite Roasted Veggie Pasta
Meet one of our favorite weeknight dinners! Obviously, I’m Italian and love pasta, but I also try to eat lots of veggies in order to be healthy. This Roasted Veggie Pasta combines all of that in the best, easiest, and most delicious way. And it’s one of Adam’s FAVORITE dinners out of everything I make.
This whole idea actually started with this Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Pasta. We made it with chicken instead of sausage one night when that’s what we had on hand, and that stuck for a while. Then we added roasted tomatoes. Then we wanted a meatless meal, so we ditched the chicken and added asparagus. And now, this evolution has become our favorite version of the recipe! Who knew?!
Now, even though we call this Roasted Veggie pasta, I don’t roast all of them. I put the tomatoes and asparagus in the oven, but I like to cook the broccoli on the stove with garlic and lots of lemon juice. You could roast it in the oven if you want to eliminate a pan – but the broccoli is pretty delicious this way.
Once everything is cooked, toss it all together. The juices from the tomatoes make a little bit of a sauce, but I usually add some olive oil, pasta water, and lemon juice to loosen it up and coat the noodles more. After that, all you need is a little parmesan cheese and you’re good to go!
As for pasta, you can use regular farfalle, or a healthier option. Adam’s favorite pasta alternative is Jovial Foods brown rice farfalle (available on Thrive Market!), but I also like Barilla Red Lentil penne and Chickpea rotini, or Banza shells.
What’s your favorite way to eat a lot of veggies?
Roasted Veggie Pasta
- 1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 crowns of broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 lemons
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta (brown rice farfalle is our favorite for weeknights!)
- avocado oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions
- Wash and cut tomatoes in half. Put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil spray, season with salt and pepper, and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Wash and cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces. Place on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil spray, season with salt and pepper, and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the veggies roast, wash and cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and 2 tbsp water. Cover to steam for 3 minutes. Uncover and add minced garlic, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to the broccoli. Cook for another 5 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and then drain the noodles.
- Combine roasted tomatoes, roasted asparagus, cooked broccoli, and pasta in a bowl. Add about 3 tbsp olive oil and the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Toss to combine, and add a little pasta water if it's still too dry.
- Season with more salt and pepper and stir in 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately!
Want to remember this Roasted Veggie Pasta? Pin the image below!
PS. You might also like Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto, Easy Roasted Tomatoes, and Chicken Sausage & Broccoli Pasta.