Rustic Quinoa Tabouli
Happy Monday, everyone! I don’t know about you, but I took the chilly weather this weekend as a sign to lay low… and I’m so glad I did! I was sad to miss my cousin’s wedding in the Catskills, but I seriously almost had a panic attack on Friday when I looked at my work/blog/travel schedule for the next month. Thankfully a lot of rest this weekend meant that I was SUPER productive and ready to tackle it all. Including making another batch of this Rustic Quinoa Tabouli!
I know I’ve said this before, but I’m not a huge meal prep-er. I wish I was, I swear! That being said, I love this recipe because there’s so little cooking involved. Besides the quinoa, it’s all about chopping… so throw your favorite spotify playlist on and before you know it, it’s done!
You can keep it in a bowl like this (pop the lid on!), or separate the portions into a few smaller containers so you can easily bring them to work.
I like to add a little feta, 1/2 an avocado or even a spoonful of hummus to my portions. You could also add chicken or another protein if you’d like!
Do you guys meal prep?
Would you try this one? What kinds of meal prep recipes do you like best?
Rustic Quinoa Tabbouleh
- 2 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 package of small heirloom tomatoes
- ½ large red onion
- 1 cucumber
- ½-1 cup parsley
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ large red pepper
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- (optional additions)
- 1/2 avocado
- spoonful of hummus
- feta cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Chop heirloom tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, Kalamata olives, and red pepper.
- Finely chop parsley.
- Toss quinoa, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, pepper and parsley together in a bowl.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Split into 4 Tupperware containers. Add additional toppings if desired!