And if you’re curious about what this actually tastes like – the answer is DELICIOUS 🙂 Seriously, I tested the recipe for my family on Thanksgiving morning and my mom asked me if we could make it an annual tradition! I served it here with some Pistachio Halo Top for a little extra sweetness and color, but it really doesn’t even need it. It’s so freaking good, you guys. I know you’re gonna love it!!
- 1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp + 4 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk (or almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove 2 tbsp of cake mix and set aside.
- Add the rest of the cake mix to a mixer with 3 eggs, 1/3 cup milk, 1 tbsp vanilla, and 6 tbsp butter. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- In another bowl, combine the 2 tbsp of cake mix with 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar, 3 (heaping!) tsp of cinnamon, and 2 tbsp raisins.
- Cut 4 tbsp of butter into small cubes and add that to the bowl. Crumble it all together - don't by shy, use your hands!
- Add the crumble to the top of the cake as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes up clean.