Trader Joe’s launched a new spicy cashew dressing and it is SO good on this vegetarian salad!
So normally I plot out recipe posts for a while – recipe test multiple times, plug it into my editorial calendar, overthink ways to optimize for SEO… but today I discovered Trader Joe’s spicy cashew dressing and the salad I made with it couldn’t wait. OMG IT IS SO GOOD!
Spicy Cashew Dressing Salad
In case you’ve never tried Sweetgreen, one of my favorite things about their salads are their incredible dressings. So incredible that literally any time I make a salad at home, I day-dream about their spicy cashew dressing ? I’m not kidding! It’s creamy and gingery and spicy and it makes kale taste delicious. YES. PLEASE.
That being said, I can’t physically get to a Sweetgreen every day – nor would that be great for my budget. So when I saw that Trader Joe’s made their own version of this magical dressing, I RAN to the store. I roasted some tofu and sweet potatoes, cut up some tomatoes, and recreated one of my favorite salads right at home. I’d call that a win, right?!
Obviously you can make adjustments to this salad if you want. Hate kale? Use romaine! Won’t eat tofu? Add some chickpeas or chicken. You know the drill – everything can be adjusted to your liking.
As for the dressing, I tried to make a homemade version a few years ago and it wasn’t nearly as good, so I kind of gave up. That being said, if you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, I’d give this recipe a shot. Mia’s recipes are always good!
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into bite sized pieces
- Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bag shredded kale
- Feta Cheese (optional)
- Trader Joe’s Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with avocado oil spray.
- Cut the sweet potato and tofu. Add to the lined pan. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add as much shredded kale as you want to a bowl. Add sweet potatoes, tofu, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Pour spicy cashew dressing over the top. Mix and enjoy!
The roasted sweet potatoes and tofu should last for about 4 salads. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.