These ground turkey lettuce wraps are the perfect weeknight meal!
Hey friends! I know it’s been a slow week over here. Adam was out of town on a business trip, so I’ve been all alone with our little Luna. I normally wouldn’t have been nervous about it – but she has major tummy issues on Sunday night, had to take her to the vet on Monday, and since then I’ve been trying to watch her like a hawk when she’s playing/wandering around. Why do puppies put EVERYTHING in their mouths?! 😂
Anyway, this is actually an old recipe that I’ve been wanting to update for a while. It’s one of my favorites because it’s easy, healthy, and fast – 3 of the BEST prerequisites for weeknight meals!
Have you ever tried ground turkey lettuce wraps?
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sriracha
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head butter or boston lettuce
- Chop onion, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Whisk soy sauce, sriracha, hoisin, rice vinegar, and sesame oil together. Set aside.
- Add ground turkey to a nonstick pan with 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Saute over medium high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- When the meat is almost done, add chopped onion, and minced garlic and ginger.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes, until the onions start to soften.
- Add the sauce and water chesnuts to the meat mixture. Stir to combine.
- After another minute or two, stir in chopped green onions and turn the heat off. The turkey should be cooked, the onions should be soft, and the sauce should coat all fo the ingredients.
- Wash the lettuce and spoon the mixture into each leaf. Enjoy!