My mom sent me an email about this recipe for coconut oil fudge, and I was definitely intrigued. Coconut oil has a lot of health benefits, and I try to avoid refined/processed sugar – so this is a perfect dessert for me! I gave it a little LSL love by adding (and swirling) almond butter into the mix and then topping it with shredded coconut, because… yum 🙂
hey, coconut oil fudge!
Pop it in the fridge for at least an hour… and then it’s fudge! Seriously, MAGIC! I still can’t get over it.
I “cut” the fudge into very “rustic” pieces… which was actually a happy accident! I thought I was going to have to make another batch to take pictures for you, but once I started to cut different sizes and shapes, the fudge popped right out of the dish. You could also avoid cutting it completely and just go at it with a spoon… I won’t tell 🙂
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup agave
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- shredded coconut
- Combine coconut oil, agave, cocoa powder and 1 tbsp almond butter in a bowl. Make sure your coconut oil is soft and gently stir it all together until it looks like brownie batter.
- Smooth it out into an even level in a pyrex dish.
- Soften the other 2 tbsp of almond butter. Swirl on top of the coconut oil mixture.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares or roughly chop into rustic pieces.