Summers are full of music festivals and outdoor concerts, especially in Chicago. This past weekend, I got to experience Lollapalooza for the first time – so I thought I would give you a peek inside my bag!
I definitely learned that a Cross Body Bag or Backpack is essential. You don’t want to be worried about your purse opening up or falling off your shoulder when you’re dancing! Hands free, baby.
I’ll be honest – it was raining when I first got there, so instead of this beautiful Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, I wore a beat up vintage favorite. But for pretty post purposes, let’s pretend it was nice out! Now, let’s take a look inside:
1) Wallet: Even though Lolla had a cashless option this year, you still don’t want to be without your ID or trusty credit card. I love my affordable C. Wonder wallet – it’s great quality, but at under $100, it isn’t too precious to bring anywhere and everywhere.
2) Sunglasses: This one is a no brainer! Even if it’s overcast, the sun could always peek out for a little bit. I rarely leave my apartment without my Warby Parker Sunnies anyway!
3) On The Go Phone Charger: Game changer. Keep it in your purse and use it when your battery gets dangerously low. By the end of your favorite set, you’ll be good to go again! Plus, how perfect is this floral one? Fits right in.
4) Sunscreen: If you burn easily, sunscreen is a great idea.
5) Umbrella: As I mentioned before, it was raining when I first got there on Friday, so I was very happy I had this. Go for a light and compact one, so when it’s not raining, you can forget about it.
6) Water Bottle: Luckily, the Lolla grounds have water stations so you can refill water bottles as much as you please. I love BKR Bottles – they come in so many pretty colors!
7) Snacks: The food options are pretty great, but making it from one side of the grounds to another in order to see all of the bands on your list doesn’t leave much time to wait in line for food. It doesn’t hurt to have a snack in your bag, just in case.
8) Hair Ties: Whenever you’re in a big crowd, the urge to put your hair up is a real possibility.
9) Lip Balm: We bopped around from show to show and then after show to after show… it was a long day, but I like to think that a swipe of lip color always makes me look more put together. I love a pink matte during the day and a red lacquer at night.
10) Rohto Cooling Eye Drops: Pack the lip colors to look more put together + pack this to look more awake! Being outside all day can be hard on your eyes, but these cooling drops relieve irritation quickly so you can keep partying all night.
Those last two items were definitely important for me this weekend! After leaving the Lollapalooza grounds, we headed to the Jenny Lewis after show at Park West. I’ve been a fan of her since her Rilo Kiley days, and she even played a few old favorites! After that, I powered through and accompanied my friend to an exclusive after party with a special performance from Lykke Li. I was tired, but let’s be real… how could I say no to that?!? Singing and dancing to Lykke Li performing I Follow Rivers a few feet away from me was the highlight of the whole day. Plus if you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw that there were some fun guest DJs, too. The pop music lover in me snapped a pic as soon as I heard the words Jonas Brother. I’m not ashamed.
So… how about a giveaway?! Rohto wants to give you a box of Cool Max Eye Drops, plus a $25 Visa gift card to put towards your next concert.
*This post was sponsored by Rohto, but all opinions are my own!
Shop the post below: