It’s probably not a surprise that I loooove mediterranean flavors, but I’ve always been too intimidated to attempt a chicken shawarma wrap at home. Until now! After being super impressed with Wild Garden’s Persian and Turkish marinades, I decided to try their shawarma one – and it did not disappoint. I love that it barely needs to marinade and you’ve got super bold flavors ready to go! Cooking made EASY.
I’ve also been wanting to make my own tzatziki for a while… and I honestly don’t know what took me so long! Seriously, all you need is a handful of simple ingredients and a few minutes. It’s bright, creamy and flavorful – the perfect addition to this (or any!) wrap, sandwich or snack platter.
I served my wrap with a Wild Garden’s couscous pilaf. I personally like sprucing it up a bit with some extra tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions.
You guys HAVE to make this, ok? And please let me know when you do!
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 packet of Wild Garden Shawarma Marinade
- 2+ tortillas/wraps
- 4 tomatoes on the vine
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and let sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Add the chicken to a hot pan and lower the heat to medium. Once cooked through, shred the chicken into pieces that can easily fit into a wrap. Turn off heat.
- Start making your tzatziki sauce by grating 1/4 cup of cucumber. Squeeze any excess liquid out of the cucumber and add to a bowl. Add 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp chopped dill, the juice of 1 lemon and 1 finely chopped garlic clove. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine chopped or diced tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion.
- Start assembling! Generously spread your homemade tzatziki sauce on the wrap. Place chicken on top and finish with the tomato/cucumber/red onion mixture.
- Tightly wrap and cut in half.
Want to save the recipe for later? Pin this image below!
PS. You might also like Persian Chicken Wings, Shrimp & Couscous Salad and Mediterranean Shrimp Bowl.
This post was sponsored by Wild Garden, but (as always) all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lake Shore Lady possible!